Friday, March 19, 2010

Sky Valley Chronicle Washington State News | BREAKING NEWS | “WAVE” OF STUDENT SUICIDES AT CORNELL UNIVERSITY

Sky Valley Chronicle Washington State News | BREAKING NEWS | “WAVE” OF STUDENT SUICIDES AT CORNELL UNIVERSITY

(ITHACA, NEW YORK) -- What is described as “a wave of suicides” at Cornell University in the past two semesters is a serious "public health crisis," according to the school's mental health initiatives director Timothy Marchell who added the school was “not out of the woods yet.”

The Ithaca New York Police Department reported four student suicides during the fall 2009 semester, and at least two over the last two months.

It's a departure for Charlies Web Teams to publish this story, but I felt the need.

Recent reports of two celebrity children dying at their own hands made the news and I lost my cousin under similar circumstances last month as well. Soon after tweeting about my cousin, I received a new follower on Twitter. Now that person has started her own blog here,
I am a survivor... here's my story on Blogger!

All of this prompted me to add the SocialVibe widget for "To Write Love On Her Arms" a charity which supports suicide prevention. While not a typical Charlies Web venture and NOT distributed computing, folks can click through to SocialVibe and help me support these efforts. While they are there, they may find a charity they would like to help as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TrendWatch